We are looking for highly ambitious and motivated mobile developers who like to learn and do stuff. A coding/development background is a must (Well, it is a developer's role). If you are a person that says "The code may not be pretty, but dammit, the app looks good and it works perfectly!" Then, you are the one.
Our Tech Stack:
- Node.js coupled with Hapi.js and MEAN stack for our robust backend that supports thousands of travellers during their journeys
- Redis for caching so that our app is lightening fast
What you would be doing when you join us:
- You will take charge of our android/iOS app.
- You will be working on exciting features to improve the existing product and build new ones along the way.
- You'll be part of our initial core tech team.
- And improve the in-travel experience for our users.
What we expect from you:
Build initial prototypes really fast to test the usefulness of the feature/product (Good ol' Lean Startup). We have a truck load of new features in mind. You'll be playing a key role in coding and shaping these products.
We are looking for self driven personas who want to create something useful. Here are a few characteristics we would be looking for
- You are bitten by that one bug and won't rest until you solve it
- You are crazy about the app performance and speed
- You are passionate about the two T’s at least - Technology & travel
- You are able to get things done
- You have degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or an equivalent
- 0-3 years experience building apps for mobile
- Published at least one app to the App/Play Store
- Ability to think in a mobile first manner
- You are always looking for problems to solve
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Solid understanding of full mobile app development life-cycle and Cross-device optimizations
- Experience with third party SDKs
Good to Haves
- You like showing off your skills on stackoverflow / github.
- You want to experiment with iBeacon
AudioCompass helps bring the stories of India alive by turning smartphones into personal tour guides. The AudioCompass Guide is an iOS and Android app provides consumers access to 700+ bite-size (2-3 minute audio clips) at various points of interest at cities and monuments across India. The free app has high quality audio visual tours and works in offline mode. AudioCompass has been recognized as the official audio tour app of Incredible India, is the official audio guide provider at UNESCO sites such as the Taj Mahal, and has been recently recognized by Conde Nast Traveller India as one of the 15 game changing ideas that is "shaking up India's travel scene.
AudioCompass uses technology, high quality, studio produced audio (supplemented by high quality visuals) content, and common sense to improve the "in-travel" experience in India. We are an easy going, non-hierarchical passionate team of 6-8 people who are razor focused on getting things done. If you're interested in helping transform tourism, please get in touch.