If you're looking to work with a corporate, with fixed rules, and your own little cubicle, this is probably not an opportunity for you. But if you are interested in working in the highly passionate atmosphere of a startup, read on.
What is Edcoogle ?
Edcoogle is a social Questions and Answers platform and Video platform for K-12 : school students. Edcoogle makes studying online rewarding, easy and fun. We are two extremely enthusiastic and hard-working people from IIT-Delhi.
Since the Education content taught across the world in most subjects is nearly the same, an education company lends itself easily to growing and scaling globally. Our aim hence, is to do just that and make Edcoogle a truly global education company.
( Check out edcoogle, by logging in with the passcode: “joker” on www.edcoogle.com - It is in closed beta testing with a 1000 Students at the moment )
What stage are we in ?
The product - ( version 1) has been built, and we are testing the product with 1000 users in closed beta right now. The product has been validated on count of several different metrics, most notable of them being the Sean Ellis, Product market fit test, in which we garnered a 37% “very dissapointed” rating. We therefore believe, we have achieved Product-Market fit.
Who are we looking for?
We are a 2 member team
( both IIT-Delhi graduates https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=98993429
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=67692660 ) at the moment, so whoever joins us now will be a core member of the team. We’re looking to add someone with infectious enthusiasm, a positive mindset, and a passion to learn.
What’s in it for me?
- Be one of the first team members, and therefore, be a core part of the team.
- The is the era of Education ( Ed-Tech) startups. Every year the amount of money being invested in education startups is rapidly increasing. It’s a great time to work in Ed-Tech.
- Your opinion will count, and your ideas will translate into reality.
- Unparalleled freedom to execute, along with a tremendous learning opportunity
- Snacks, coffee, and startup office environment
- Fully-stocked kitchen, a wear-whatever-you-want dress code, and lots more
- Competitive salaries (INR 2.5 - 6 lpa), and stock options
About the role:
- You will be building and breaking a lot of things - You will be coding for an amazing consumer-facing product, in a very fast paced environment!
- You will be part of the core team working on challenging problems, and will have complete ownership of various features of the product. You will, perhaps, lead our engineering efforts eventually.
- Position based in Delhi. Can join immediately. ( if you have notice period, you can still can get in touch with us)
Am I eligible for this profile?
You are eligible if you have:
- Passion and love for coding
- Interest in working in a startup environment
- Experience in PHP and a PHP MVC framework ( preferably yii)
- Strong database skills ( preferably MySQL)
- B.Tech / M.Tech in Computer Science / MCA/ (Or equivalent)
How to apply
Email the following to careers[at]edcoogle[dot]com, ( and team[at]edcoogle[dot]com) with the subject: Developer - Full time - Application
(a) A brief note explaining why you want to work with us
(b) Current/ Expected CTC
(c) Time you would take to join our office in Delhi, if made an offer
(d) Links to your github, stackoverflow, twitter, linkedin and/or other relevant profiles, if applicable
(e) Your CV
This is a great opportunity to work with a very exciting startup in one of the hottest sectors at the moment - Ed-Tech. You’l be one of the first team members, therefore, you will be a core part of the team, and your opinions will count, and your ideas will get translated into reality.