At Epilen we make sense of people's health through data. We're connecting health data to the curious minds and hungry algorithms that need it to drive better healthcare decisions. This is an ambitious project, so we are trying to find not only the smartest people, but those who are genuinely passionate and curious about our endeavors.
We value strong engineers who are agile enough to jump into most projects. As a backend engineer, you'll drive the design and development of our backend systems that allow us to process user requests, handle user data, analyze their medical records, and power our web/mobile portals. Our tech stack is a distributed system of Java components with an Angular.js front end.
We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around data analytics and predictions, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the lives of the people, we'd love to talk!
PROFILES THAT ARE RELEVANT TO US:
- A B.Tech/BE/BCA/B.Sc or equivalent Masters in Computer Science or related field (Academic Qualification is not our priority, selection criteria is purely based upon your knowledge on the subject & attitude to thrive in a start-up environment).
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in engineering.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, efficient algorithms).
- Prior experience working in high security environments — e.g., payments — is preferred.
- Engineers who have experience with web best practices such as A/B testing, test coverage. Understands the value of testing and documentation.
- Can build RESTful services that are actually RESTful.
- Writes comprehensible, maintainable code.
- Should have good understanding of CSS and HTML.
- You thrive in a dynamic, agile SCRUM, start-up environment.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense.
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly.
- Willing travel to our partnered hospital/clinic locations to co-develop technologies.
- Strong communication skills - able to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Outgoing, positive and optimistic personality.
- Previous startup experience is a plus.
- Competitive salaries
- 2 employee travel program in a year
- Medical & dental insurance‡
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to help the people we serve by talking to them and understanding the ways to help beyond Epilen).
- Company sponsored/invited tech talks and happy hours.
- On-time salary & rewards.
Apply here online > https://goo.gl/forms/fi9t57IclmcXWBnv2
Visit https://www.epilen.com/careers to know more.