We are a team of IIT & NIT grads, with close to 25 years of combined experience. We are looking to use technology to change how we have done things traditionally. In our case, we are looking to redefine the way news is generated. We are looking to establish a network which will allow us to source news from grass root level, be faster, be reliable and be more relevant. In the journey we are looking to change what is considered news. And hence the idea of Hocalwire: Redefining Journalism.
To help us go along this journey we are looking for with appetite for fast tracked growth. This profile of Principal editor, will look towards designing and setting benchmarks for others to follow.
About the Profile
This profile will work closely with the founding team. We are looking for a person, who has little knowledge in the way news industry works. It would be great if you have already worked with any citizen journalism facing arm of tradition media
Roles & Responsibilities
1) Plan the contents of posts according to Hocalwire’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
2) Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
3) Review and approve proofs submitted by Hocalists before publishing.
4) Oversee publication production, including artwork, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
5) Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories
6) Responsible for end to end operations of a Delhi region, with respect to generation and curation of stories
7) Need to have a personal connect with Hocalists, to ensure smooth operations is being carried out
We are looking for a person, who can grow with the organization. Being a startup, we expect the candidate to be nimble footed, and ready to work in an unstructured environment.
1) Prior experience in media industry would be a better fit
2) Need to be well versed with English and Hindi
3) Basic Microsoft skill set, in terms of using MS Word, MS Excel & MS Powerpoint
4) Having worked as an independent journalist would be a plus points
5) An attitude to get things done
Looking for someone, who can design the processes and head the Editorial team going forward.