The Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or directing and coordinating the work of others.
• Manages the design, engineering and construction of clean energy projects.
• Develops, maintains and executes the project proposal or work plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project to assure that the project requirements fit with other Company projects or considerations.
• Establishes or oversees the work plan, staffing, and budgeting for each phase of project execution, including design, engineering, procurement and construction, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Establishes the project engineering, procurement and construction budget and is responsible for the regular review and reporting to accounting on forecasted expenditures under the budget, as well as for controlling expenditures to be within the budget.
• Coordinates preparation and regular updates of the project execution plan and schedule including engineering, procurement and construction activities.
• Coordinates the external bidding process required to procure goods and services necessary for all phases of project execution, including preparation of bid packages, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and recommendations to senior management.
• Provides and or coordinates engineering support for development and permitting activities as needed. Has primary responsibility for overseeing execution of and compliance with construction contracts and works with construction team to ensure adequate scopes of work under those contracts.
• Arranges for and organizes regularly scheduled project meetings to facilitate, confirm and communicate status of progress and assign tasks.
• Supports project developers in developing the project and provides assistance to Risk Management as requested to secure power-off take arrangements, financing agreements, equity acquisition agreements, and requests for proposals related to the projects/sites for which the Project Manager is responsible.
• Works in partnership with Development department to assure a seamless transition of sites into the construction phase.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Has primary responsibility for reviewing and providing comments to Legal on project execution and commercial terms of EPC contracts.
• Assists Legal by providing technical comments/commercial terms on other agreements as needed.
• Works with Operations to define the requirements for adequate project turn-over.
• Assists Asset Management in transitioning and turning over of projects to Operations upon project completion.
• As required, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Oversees work product of Construction Manager(s) and quality control personnel to project during execution of project and ensures compliance with reporting requirements under EPC contracts and lender agreements, and to internal management.
• Indirectly responsible for work product of all members of project team.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Prior experience as a lead Project Manager on the design, engineering and construction of clean power projects is required for this position.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in engineering and construction of solar energy projects.
• 4+ years of contracting and project management experience in clean power plant
• B.TECH /M.TECH in Engineering or Construction Management required with a PE and/or PMP preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within a project and multiple projects from conception to completion.
• Strong communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to clearly present the Company and business concepts to both internal and external customers.
• Experience with project risk management and mitigation.
• General understanding and ability to use project scheduling software and methodology.
• Ability to interpret project financial reports and prepare cash flow forecasts.
• Familiarity with contracting procedures, project contracts and negotiation, engineering practices, construction techniques, clean plant technologies, and regulatory issues required.
• Ability to travel, and work on remote clean projects.
• Knowledge of CAD Software’s, MS EXCEL etc.