Strategy & Planning
• In partnership with the company’s founders & management team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a mobile and web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
• Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing technology development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-and mobile-based services of MyNewCar India.
• Develop the company’s technology strategy and communicate our technology strategy and related USPs to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment
• Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will develop, implement and maintain the various applications.
• Establish and supervise the development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress.
• Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing.
• Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
• Select, deploy, and monitor performance profiling tools and procedures.
• Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
• Evaluate and select web application hosting providers.
• Establish an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers.
• Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
• Establish and monitor a web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
• Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for internet marketing and search engine optimization.
• As a member of the senior management team, establish a customer service and support process, with particular responsibility for web-based services that implement the support function.
• Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences.
• Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
• Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
• Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
• Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
• Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
• Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
• Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
• Promote achievement of the company’s business goals within a context of community collaboration by developing policies for sharing software code, technological innovation, business processes, and other intellectual property.