Pooly- - an innovative yet simple to use platform that connects car owners and passengers who are travelling on same route and can share ride. Pooly is a carpooling application that offers an alternative solution to working professionals to commute to office.
Our vision is to make carpooling a feasible transportation option that will allow employees to commute conveniently at the same time substantially reduce cost of commuting. Apart from significant fuel savings of up to 50%, the other benefits of carpooling include combating peak hour traffic congestion, reducing air pollution and meeting new people while commuting. Petroleum Conservation Research Organization, a government body, actively promotes carpooling and encourages commuters to share car.
We are currently a team of 5 people with over 25 years of experience. We are looking for young and dynamic people to join our team and become part of the success!
Title: Lead - Application Development
Job Description: To lead the development of iOS, Android mobile applications and Service APIs
Position Type: Full-time / Part-time
Location: Delhi - NCR
- The person would be working closely with Managing Partner and Advisors of the company and will be responsible for key technology related activities:
- Lead the entire app life cycle - design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into functional solutions
- Design end to end solution and architecture of the application and able to guide/mentor developers in the team.
- Develop wireframes and build prototypes
- Develop Android app and APIs
- Optimising performance of the apps
- Document business requirements, process flows, database designs, API functionalities, users and test cases etc.
- A successful candidate will have following attributes:
- An advanced degree in technology or engineering.
- 6-12 years of experience in working in professional setting.
- Proven commercial software development experience - desktop and mobile
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
- Should have strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong experience with Android SDK and Android application development platforms (Eclipse)
- Knowledge of various database management system including Postgre SQL, MS-SQL, MYSQL
- Strong working experience on JAVA or Python.
- Knowledge of various APIs including google maps, facebook and other social media integration
- Knowledge of various database management system
- Experience in working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience on web service integration
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Strong OO design and programming skills