We are looking for an experienced full stack web developer to join our Systems Development team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can design and develop end-to-end web-based applications. You will work within a small group of smart people and will be one of our software development in-house gurus. You will be integrally involved in the design and development of our trading, reporting, billing, and accounting systems.
This is an on-site position with normal business hours. We are looking for someone who is bright and articulate and has a sense of humor. Ideal candidates must have excellent problem-solving skills, a high degree of attention to detail, and strong organizational skills. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing firm.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter, salary expectations, and a résumé. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the team manager and systems architect to translate existing requirements into robust, scalable software applications.
- Provide development time estimates and be able to consistently deliver on-time, high-quality code.
- Design and develop end-to-end web applications.
- Write new class libraries and modify existing code as needed.
- Keep task notes and daily update progress in our ticketing system and/or management tool.
- BS degree in computer-related area of study
- Minimum 2-6 years of related programming experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Experience with all phases of designing and developing web applications within an MVC architecture
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and SQL writing skills, proven experience working with major relational database platforms such as SQLServer, Oracle, and PostgreSQL
- Comfortable working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and work well with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills