- 2+ years of professional Linux administration skills (Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS)
- 1+ years experience working with Cloud Computing on Amazon EC2 and Rackspace Cloud
- 1+ years experience scripting in Bash, Ruby or Python
- Ability to work with unconventional hardware and software
- Experience working for a mobile apps and games developing company
- Experience working with clients in person, on the phone and via email
- Ability to plan and execute projects with minimal oversight
- LAMP environment build and configuration experience
- Solid understanding of current web and internet technologies like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, IIS, Memcache, CDN, Dynamic DNS
- Working knowledge of MySQL, relational database technology, replication and clustering
- Working with managed hosting providers like Amazon, Rackspace, Azure, Joyent, Terremark and others
- Knowledge of load balancing and high availability planning
- Clear understanding of networking technologies (routers, firewalls, switches, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Monitoring services such as Sensu, Nagios, Webmetrics, CloudWatch, etc.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ability to deploy and setup a network from scratch
Everything mentioned above is completely optional, All we really care about is can you deliver? Can you complete and flourish at the task that will be handed to you ? If you can do that we would love to hear from you !
Note : Building applications and games is the secondary objective at Thinktek. Our primary mission is to build the perfect culture for product development. To create this culture we are always on the look-out for bright individuals who are truly obsessed with their work, are perfectionists and are willing to challenge the status quo.
What we are trying to achieve at Thinktek is hard, really hard. So if you are looking for a perfect work-life balance and don’t come with a mountain of dedication, you will regret the applying for this job.
Email at email@example.com for more information